Jersey caramel bickies

IMG 2296

I made these Jersey caramel bickies recently because I pinned this Donna Hay recipe and it was haunting me.

They were just about the quickest things ever to make. I swear, I got them from pantry to oven in the time it took Baby to eat a post nap banana.

I've come to realise all the best quick biscuit recipes are the ones that instruct you to melt the butter and sugar on the stove instead of laboriously creaming them. Anzac bickies are like this and are likewise quick and easy. Wet ingredients into dry, quick stir, Bob's your uncle.

These are very sweet. But if you like sugar and jersey caramels you should definitely make some.

IMG 2277

Jersey caramel bickies

60g butter
115g golden syrup
60g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
225g (1.5 cup) self raising flour
jersey caramels (cut in half)

Preheat oven to 180 celsius.

Melt butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in a small saucepan.

IMG 2273

Add melted ingredients to flour and mix to form a dough.

IMG 2275

IMG 2276

Roll spoonfuls of dough into ball and place on baking trays.

Flatten each ball a little with your hand and top with half a jersey caramel.

IMG 2278

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

IMG 2286

2 comments:

  1. I need to make these. I don't know what Jersey caramels or bickies are, persay, but not gonna let that slow me down. (I'm guessing bickies=cookies?) We have a caramel candy that looks similar to this, and the white middle part is sort of a dry cream-- does that sound right? I haven't had one since I was a child, but this recipe looks so good, I'm going to hunt them down. And the weather is JUST starting to chill so I'd love to fill the house with some sugary warm smells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes bickies = biscuits = cookies. I think the caramel candy you're talking about sounds right. What do you call them?

      Delete