Chocolate and naps and wardrobe organisation

IMG 0793

I love the Easter holiday. In my secular, chocolate loving household it's a just lovely, lazy, long weekend, with none of the pressure of the big name festivals and lots of eating, and cooking.

IMG 0797

This is yesterday's breakfast - corned beef hash cakes with poached egg and date chutney. A corned beef really is the king of leftovers isn't it?)

IMG 0779

Everyone in Brisbane seems to be at the beach this weekend inhaling summer's last gasp. We are curling up hermit-like instead. The weather is glorious, warm drippy sunshine, but cool enough that I can wear a cardigan (bliss). Perfect for lying on a blanket on the grass. We've had naps and lots of reading. Husband keeps threatening to put on the 4 hour, 45 minute directors cut of Das Boot, which I know must mean he is relaxed and has time on his hands. Have you watched Das Boot? I've watched the short (only around 3 hour) version. It's extremely dry.

IMG 0802

Yesterday we went to took Baby to the zoo, then ate fish and chips for lunch and today my parents and sister are coming for lunch.

IMG 0807

I'm doing a honeyed lamb stew with almonds and then pavlova. I don't usually keep with passionfruit on pavlova but the fresh berry situation was lacklustre so I am bowing to tradition.

IMG 0808

IMG 0776

Baby was up at 5 this morning so I already feel like half the day is over. He's gone back to bed now and I'm the only one up in the house. Isn't that the loveliest type of quiet?

I haven't been a total layabout this weekend and have achieved one useful thing, a proper sort and seasonal restructure of my wardrobe.

IMG 0794

I'm generally good at being ruthless about household clutter but I have hoarding tendencies when it comes to clothes. There are things I just can't let go of, or I think will come back into style, or I will fit into again one day. I keep everything I'm not currently interested in wearing in big plastic storage tubs in the shed and then heave them into the house twice a year for a day of trying on and organising. I'm always so excited to find things in storage that I was convinced I had said goodbye to.

IMG 0795

IMG 0809

Are you a fan of the chocolate hot cross bun? I realise it's a polarising issue and many people are purists when it comes to Easter baked goods. Personally, I can go either way but our local bakery does a superlative chocolate bun which I endorse. This year they introduced a mocha version but this was a step too far even for me. I might work up my courage for next year though.

IMG 0791

No comments:

Post a Comment